SUN PLUTO ASPECTS: ARTICLE CONTENTS
- Sun Pluto Hard Aspects
- Sun Pluto Soft Aspects
NATAL SUN CONJUNCT SQUARE OPPOSITE PLUTO
On Natal Sun Pluto hard aspect, Noel Tyl often said:
“There’s a blanket over your hand grenade.”
This image portrays explosive potential, hidden from view.
What does Sun Pluto aspect’s “explosive potential” look like and what is the “blanket” that’s hiding it?
Better yet, how do you “take off the blanket?”
Pluto’s discovery paralleled the rise of nuclear power, so we’ll start with that image:
During World War II, nuclear physicists unlocked the potential hidden within the atom. Nuclear energy could power nations – or destroy the world.
Now that’s explosive potential – and a fitting metaphor for Sun Pluto aspect.
Sun Pluto aspect has to do with uncovering massive potential hidden within the core of a matter…
Or the core within yourself.
How can you apply this idea in your life?
Here are a few thoughts that may help you understand and apply the energy of Sun Pluto aspect:
1) Uncover the core ideas that empower you.
What is a core idea? It’s central thought that makes a huge difference in life, business or relationships.
It’s not superficial. A core idea will energize what you do and who you are.
On a personal level, it may be the key desire that promises fulfillment.
For a business, it could be a mission to build a company around.
For relationships, a core idea might be loving yourself so you can love others.
These are but simple examples. You’ll have your own core ideas that empower you.
2) Find out what is blanketing your potential
Sun Pluto aspect implies hidden potential. We need to find out what is hiding your power so you can harness it.
Here are a few questions that may help you explore this topic:
- How did you experience power when growing up?
- On what level did you witness it – emotional, physical, social or financial?
- Was it ever used against you in an abusive way?
When you were born to parents who have power, the controls they exert could be crushing.
In a powerful family, much spontaneity can get suppressed.
Sometimes there is an energy of hatred or sickness that pollutes the entire family.
These are but a few thoughts. You had your unique circumstances that may have blanketed your self-expression.
Discovering what’s hiding your potential can help you get rid of it. Sometimes it requires the support of therapy or coaching.
3) You have the power to make a big difference
Your potential is not trivial. Like nuclear energy, Sun Pluto aspect represents great power to influence the world.
Once the blanket is removed, that is.
You may already recognize the potential you have to influence others.
Your life purpose might be to find out how best to wield such powers.
Here are some examples of Sun Pluto people that made a big difference…
WELL KNOWN EXAMPLES OF SUN PLUTO ASPECT
Sun Conjunct Pluto Examples
- Martha Stewart expanded into TV, magazines and merchandising to create a business empire. Stewart has natal Sun conjunct Pluto.
- Norman Vincent Peale wrote The Power of Positive Thinking. The book was translated into over 40 languages and is still popular today. Peale had natal Sun conjunct Pluto.
- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross studied death and the stages of grief. Her thoughts changed how we view the process of dying. She had natal Sun conjunct Pluto.
Sun Opposite Pluto Examples
- Tony Robbins became a renowned motivational coach through the principles he teaches. He teaches people how to harness their own powers within. Robbins has natal Sun opposite Pluto.
- Walt Disney wanted to create an amusement park where entire family could go and have a good time. Walt Disney World now attracts over 50 million visitors every year. Disney had natal Sun opposite Pluto.
Sun Square Pluto Examples
- Henry Ford implemented mass production of automobiles to make affordable cars. This revolutionized transportation. Ford had natal Sun square Pluto.
- Maya Angelou won international recognition and acclaim through her autobiography I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. From victimhood to prominence, her life is filled with Plutonian themes. Angelou had natal Sun square Pluto.
SUN PLUTO TRINE AND SEXTILE
We’ve so far focused on Sun Pluto hard aspects. Sun Pluto trine or sextile aspect may also carry strong potential. Everything we’ve discussed so far might still resonate.
Soft aspects tend to be milder in its expression. The “blanket” effect could be present but less intense. The “explosive potential” of hard aspects might be softened.
The idea of researching and finding out core solutions to problems can still be relevant.
Here are some notable examples with natal Sun Pluto soft aspects:
Sun Trine Pluto Examples
- Mark Twain had Sun trine Pluto.
- Al Gore has Sun trine Pluto. He used his influence to raise awareness of environmental issues.
Sun Sextile Pluto Examples
- Inventor Thomas Edison had Sun sextile Pluto. He, of course, made a huge impact in modern civilization.
- Albert Einstein changed the way scientists think about time and space. Einstein also had Sun sextile Pluto.
- Mother Teresa affected great many people through her charity and spirituality. She had Sun sextile Pluto.
CONCLUSION: Sun Pluto Aspects
Power. Influence. Deep thoughts and penetrating insights.
These are all potential rewards of developing the natal Sun Pluto aspect.
Pluto rules the riches that lie hidden underground.
Gold is the metal that symbolizes the Sun.
Trying to realize the potential of Sun Pluto aspect is like digging for a vein of gold under a mountain. It may take long years of digging, but the rewards are spectacular.
Do you have a natal Sun Pluto aspect? What has been your experience with rediscovering your power? Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences in the comment section below.