- Gemini gathers information, Sagittarius makes sense out of them.
- Gemini is unattached to any single idea, while Sagittarius has a definite opinion about which idea is good and true.
- Gemini is a perpetual student, Sagittarius a teacher.
- Gemini continually seeks exposure to new ideas, while Sagittarius seeks to find the one idea that really work.
- Music analogy: Gemini is happy to have access to a million songs, while Sagittarius will stick with the top 40. (Substitute words such as ideas, websites, books, stocks etc in place of songs.)
- Gemini seeks to share information, while Sagittarius seeks to transmit his beliefs and values (i.e. the way he interprets the information.)
- Gemini likes to be informative and entertaining. Sagittarius needs to be respected for his opinions.
- Left alone, Gemini moves toward variety and chaos, while Sagittarius seeks simplicity and order.
Natal emphasis in one or both signs suggests that a lot of energy needs to be dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing mentally.
- Gemini emphasis: Energy comes from learning, communicating and gathering information. Love and curiosity guides the mind toward more and more information. Learning to trust one’s own judgment becomes the key in making use of the vast knowledge thus acquired.
- Sagittarius emphasis: Energy comes from teaching and self assertion. Passion for significant knowledge becomes infectious to others. Needs to keep seeking important knowledge in order to stay motivated.
Gemini can’t be a Sagittarius and vice versa. If one or the other sign is emphasized in your natal chart, it’s recommended to focus on the strengths of each sign. My horoscope is decidedly Sagittarian, and I feel a lot of energy when speaking or writing about something I believe in. If I try to be too Gemini (or other Air sign) like in my writing, my passion starts to dissipate.
If you have either signs emphasized in your horoscope and can see how it reflects on your method of learning/communicating, please feel free to share your experience through email or comment.