‘Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.’
– Helen Keller
MEET MARS AND NEPTUNE
Mars represents how you need to apply your energy in order to be effective. When functioning well, Mars is like a star salesman that brings business and success to his company – he can effectively bring you the result you want.
Neptune represents your capacity for creative visualization. You get in touch with it whenever you envision a better future for yourself or for others. A positively functioning Neptune adds a quality of vision and inspiration to your personality.
Natal Mars Conjunct Square Opposition Neptune
WHAT THEY SAY WHEN A SALESMAN AND A VISIONARY GET TOGETHER…
Let’s make a movie and sell it. Or something like that – Mars Neptune aspects have a quality of promoting (Mars) your creative vision (Neptune) to others. Your vision could be grand, beautiful, or merely entertaining – so long as you apply your creativity and imagination to make something happen, you’re utilizing this aspect.
Do you want to create music or film? Have an idea that can help improve people’s lives? The gift and the opportunity of Mars Neptune aspect (especially conjunction, square or opposition) is that you are able to bring what you envision in your mind into the physical realm through action (Mars).
WHAT HAPPENS TO PEOPLE THAT LIVE BY THEIR VISION?
They become magnetic. Charismatic leaders have this quality of making others “see” the vision they hold. By speaking out (Mars) about their vision of a better future (Neptune), these leaders impact and inspire others. If you have Mars Neptune aspect, you have a kind of magic about your personality (or at least the potential for it) that attracts people to you.
WHAT IF I HAVE THIS ASPECT BUT I’M NOT FEELING ANY VISION?
Let’s think of two scenarios which may apply if this is the case:
- You have great ideas, but haven’t taken any action to bring them into reality. The question why this is so is probably reflected elsewhere in the horoscope, but the main message is clear: You need to exercise your courage (Mars) to begin asserting yourself so that you have the freedom to pursue and realize your vision. Maybe it’s as simple as giving yourself permission to fail while on the path to your dream (unrealistic expectations can discourage you to act).
- You feel lethargic and apathetic about your life direction, and find yourself engaged in escapist behaviors. This is a negative manifestation of Neptune which can often result from not taking enough action (see #1 above.) Unless it’s a full-blown case of addiction, you can most likely improve the situation through increasing the amount of action you take toward realizing your vision (more stories written, more sales calls made, more auditions attended, etc.)
WHO DO YOU KNOW THAT HAS MARS NEPTUNE ASPECT?
Take a look at these examples:
- Sir Richard Branson has Mars conjunct Neptune – he founded the Virgin Group which started as a music store but now includes over 400 companies across multiple industries. He also broke several world records sailing or flying across the Atlantic and the Pacific Ocean. His is a fine example of “if you can imagine it (Neptune), you can achieve it (Mars).”
- Music legend Quincy Jones has Mars conjunct Neptune. He produced (Mars) music, film and TV shows (all ruled by Neptune) for over 60 years and has won numerous awards.
- Leo Tolstoy had Mars conjunct Neptune. Regarded as one of the greatest Russian novelists of all time, he was also well known for his passionate (Mars) spirituality (Neptune).
- Michael Jordan has Mars square Neptune. His quote: “You have to expect (Neptune) things of yourself before you can do (Mars) them.”
- Helen Keller had Mars square Neptune (see her quote above.)
- Motivational guru Anthony Robbins has Mars square Neptune.
- Apple founder Steve Jobs had Mars opposition Neptune.
- Actress Elizabeth Taylor had Mars opposition Neptune.
Each person in the above list utilized their vision, creativity or inspiration (Neptune) in their unique way to make things happen (Mars) in the real world.
THE KEY INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING THIS ASPECT WORK FOR YOU ARE…
Faith and Optimism. These are the qualities associated with Jupiter, who co-rules the sign Pisces with Neptune, and they go well together with Neptune’s process of creative visualization. Just picture the opposite scenario – fearful pessimism applied to your imagination – and you’ll see why these are so important!
Transit Neptune Conjunct Square Opposition Mars
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THIS TRANSIT?
At best, Neptune Mars transit is a time for discovering or rediscovering your authentic vision. If your current lifestyle does not reflect your own ideals fully, the hard transits of Neptune can bring up inconvenient truths in order to nudge you to “change your ways.”
If you’re doing a reasonably good job of trying to live in sync with your creative, authentic self, this transit can flood you with inspiration and motivation for your next project. This period can be very fruitful if you work to bring some of these inspiration down to reality.
NEPTUNE MARS TRANSIT: WHAT ARE MY CHOICES?
During Neptune’s transit or solar arc to Mars, you could choose to hear the inspirational call of Neptune and act creatively, or choose to drown it out through more mind-numbing escapist activities (in which case you will likely experience the negative side of this transit as “confused, bewildered action”.)
It’s always best to exert your energy toward your goals (Mars), rather than merely wishing things were different (a classic Neptune dysfunction).
Do you have natal Mars conjunct, square or opposition Neptune? Or are you experiencing transit Neptune Mars aspect? How are you experiencing the meeting of these two energies? Feel free to share your insights in the comment section.