The strength of Capricorn archetype is that it doesn’t mind working alone to get things done. Taken to the extreme, however, this could create a loner who is too self-reliant and misses out on the opportunity to benefit from others’ support.
Aquarius archetype comes after Capricorn, in order to open up the psyche to the transformative potential of group synergy. Where our own efforts may not be enough, a truly great accomplishment or advancement is possible through the formation of a supportive group, working toward shared goals. Such group is usually called a Mastermind group.
The concept of a Mastermind group was introduced by Napoleon Hill, who wrote the self-help classic Think and Grow Rich. Hill defined the Mastermind group as a “coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony.”
If you have a significant goal you’re working toward, then most likely you’ll benefit from the support of a Mastermind group. Here are some examples of the purpose of a Mastermind group:
- To become more successful: small business entrepreneurs could form a Mastermind group in order to support each other in building and developing their businesses. Another common example is that of an investment club.
- To become more healthy: people form a Mastermind group in order to lose weight, or to support each other in combating a certain illness or working through other health condition.
- To become happier: there are groups that work on Happiness Project and other uplifting programs in order to increase their enjoyment of life.
- To increase knowledge & skill: Toastmasters, a book club, a writer’s club, etc.
There are many benefits to forming an alliance with a like-minded, supportive group of people:
- You could pool your knowledge and resources together, ending up with much more than you could gather on your own.
- You can keep each other accountable through regular meetings.
- You can support and inspire each other through tough times.
Astrologically speaking, such group synergy is invaluable in that other people’s energy and perspective will tend to offset the imbalance you have in your natal chart.
For instance, my horoscope lacks an opposition aspect. As opposition aspect frequently is needed to establish a full perspective on any issue (as in “looking at things from both sides”), this means I have a tendency to lose sight of wider perspective without wise counsel and feedback from others.
I have a lot of conjunctions in my chart, which suggests that I have a strong drive and an ability to concentrate my effort. Combined with the lack of an opposition aspect, this means I could drive very fast toward a wrong direction, unless given proper feedback from others. So for someone like me, a Mastermind group support is essential in professional or personal growth.
Another example is a lack of certain element or a modality in a horoscope: If your horoscope lacks emphasis in the Fire element (Aries, Leo and Sagittarius), for instance, you may need the help of others in order to find the necessary inspiration.
If your horoscope does not have a Fixed emphasis (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius), you may need the Mastermind group to help keep you accountable, so that you can finish the projects you start on time.