Capricorn represents tradition and old age. During the 16 year transit of Pluto in Capricorn, our culture will be forced to rethink some of the traditions that are taken for granted today, as well as how we deal with aging and retirement.
Already we saw the first African American President in US; the cracks in the foundations of our banking industry; the warning signs pertaining to our culture’s insistent craving for oil (US consumes almost 20% of world’s entire daily oil usage volume – more than China, Japan, Russia and India put together.)
5 Tips for Pluto in Capricorn Era
Some of the social structures we’re familiar with today might cease to exist by 2020. On an individual level, what can we do to thrive in this era of change? Consider the following ideas:
1) Be Skeptical of Tradition: “The way it has always been” might not last, whether in business or finances (e.g. a strength of a certain business sector; US dominance in economy; male dominance in politics, etc.)
2) Take Charge of Your Finances: The observable trend toward the breakdown of social security and corporate pension plans are heralding an era of individual financial management and entrepreneurship.
3) Take Charge of Your Health: Government might be able to improve the health care system – but not your health. The increasing trend toward obesity in US is alarming, to mention only 1 issue.
4) Strengthen Your Family Ties: Realize that you’ll most likely live long after retirement – maintaining emotional connections with your loved ones will help you stay healthy. The current trend toward family separation will create a lot of unhappy elderly people if not consciously changed.
5) Find Ways to Contribute: If you’re growing old, how can you benefit the younger generations? If you’re young, how can you make life better for the elderly? Both represent an opportunity for a fulfilling life and a career.
Have any other ideas about this era? Feel free to share via emails or comments!